Friday, May 21, 2021

Character Sketch: Natalya Petrović

Natalya is the second daughter of the Emperor, a position colloquially referred to as the Shadow Princess. (The first child -- referred to as Sunborn or Brightborn -- traditionally attends one of the classical academies, while the second is sent to Sunhaven and frequently either becomes a monster or marries into one of the houses of the darker aristocracy. Natalya is still human and very much on the fence about the idea of eventually getting married, at all, ever, to anyone.) She is marked out from the other students by the company of her bodyguards, and would very much prefer to be studying somewhere else in some less-visible role. She is tall and lean, with dark brown hair and olive skin, and uses a court sword as her focus. She has a solid background in sorcery, fencing, politics, and the Imperial economy. 

Not much work on the story itself right now; I've complained before about how much I hate the October-November-December "holiday season", but in looking back I've come to the conclusion that May is when things usually fall apart. On the plus side, I'm still doing things like this to keep my focus on the project, so... yeah, once the pace slackens a bit I should be able to come back to it. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!