Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Challenge: Must-Read Non-fiction

This is part of the weekly Blogging Challenge over at Long and Short Reviews. If you'd like to participate, you can find the prompts here. They also put up a post every Wednesday where you go and link your response -- and see everyone else's. Check out their homepage to find it.

The challenge for this week is "the non-fiction book everyone should read and why." 

Easy answer: Sarah Kendzior's Hiding in Plain Sight: The Invention of Donald Trump and the Erosion of America.

The reason everyone should read this is that it's an accessible, detailed look at the current state of politics here in the United States, in the person of Donald Trump (with references, yet). And it documents in detail the fact that what we have in charge right now isn't so much a political party as a trans-national crime syndicate masquerading as a government. 

It is... not an uplifting or encouraging read, particularly. But it's very, very important.

5 comments:

  1. Added this to my holds list at the library. But you're very right as I think it's important to know who is leading your country. And, in the case of a bad leader, how to spot the signs so it doesn't happen again.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book everyone needs to read, unfortunately none of his fan club will. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/09/wc-093020.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting choice. One that I will check out. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/non-fiction-book-everyone-should-read-why/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're brave. I usually eschew politics when I'm in my writing persona, because I don't want to alienate anyone. But in this case, I have to say that Mr. Prescott is correct--none of his fan club will read it, because their fearless leader doesn't read--and even if they know how, they don't either. A flabby brain is so unattractive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh! Added to my list, too. Thanks. And documented? Even better. Thanks, Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!