Tuesday, February 12, 2019

It's the little moments that make it all worthwhile

So being a parent is, you know... And, I mean, it's also kind of... Plus, you get to...

And then there are those moments when your younger child, who hasn't been feeling very well the last several days, comes to you because he's sad that his grandmother -- your mother -- is dead. And you have to comfort him, even though now you're unexpectedly sad all over again too. And he wants to go visit her grave, which is a good two days away by car, and really only slightly less by airplane.

Yeah. I don't know, maybe we can work something out for this summer.

Meanwhile, send whiskey. I'm about to deplete the supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!