Thursday, August 23, 2018

Giant Mutant Nutria: A Found Audio Story

Yesterday, on my break, I left a message for my wife on our answering machine. Then another. Then another. And then, well, it kind of got out of hand. So... this is what she came home to:
Message One: "Ahh! Help! Giant mutant nutria are attacking [my workplace]! Send help now! Nutria!" ::BEEP::

Message Two: "It's okay. I'm hiding in the server room. I don't think they know I'm here. The smell from the coffee machine hides my scent." ::BEEP::

Message Three: "Oh god. They're gathering around the door. Can they hear me? Are they just... searching? Have to keep quiet now. Pray for me." ::BEEP::

Message Four: "Oh God, they're burrowing through the walls. If I stay behind the server rack-" (Whispering:) "They're in the room now." ::BEEP::

Message Five: "They're gone now. They looked at my computer screen for a long time, and now they're gone. They weren't... reading... were they? Couldn't have been." ::BEEP::

Message Six: "Okay, so... I was looking at the Wikipedia article on Coypu when they broke in. Now there's a note on my screen. It says, 'Sorry, didn't realize we were herbivores.' I think the crisis may be over." ::BEEP::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!