Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Morning (Barbarian) Prayer

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
Even after years, this remains one of my favorite prayers. It's such a complete break from the "Oh Lord, we humbly give ourselves into Your hands, please care for us in accordance with Your will" school of prayers that I grew up with. It reflects a completely different relationship with the Divine - one in which humility isn't necessarily a virtue, and a god who doesn't help his worshipers is worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!