Monday, November 9, 2015

I call this song

So, I've been hearing this song on the radio a lot lately:

I think it can be fairly described as a song about a woman who can't take a hint.

So, I'd like to propose a lyrical reply:
You called my phone again last night
No message left but that's all right
Whatever you are going through...
I just don't want to hear from you

Chorus:
Why would I want to talk to you?
You told me that we were all through
But you keep coming back again
You just can't seem to let it end

I ignore it every time you call
That doesn't slow you down at all
We're over now and I've moved on
But somehow you just won't stay gone

(chorus)

We're done - why can't you let it be?
You're not someone I want to see
I don't care what you have to say
It doesn't matter anyway
That's all you're gonna get from me

(Chorus)

Maybe you hope that I'm still sad
Or guilt has got you feeling bad
Nostalgia's got its teeth in you?
Or maybe all of that is true

I fell for you and I got burned
But that's done now and I have learned
to let it go - it's nothing clever
No one's gonna grieve forever

(Chorus)

Let it end... (x3)
Anybody want to put this thing to music?

6 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who was creeped out by this song.

    Your version is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not Contact. It's for survivors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking description, but I can see it working as a title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized when I saw your comment that I'd forgotten to say what I'd call the song, and I thought maybe you'd noticed and made a suggestion. Anyway, I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!