Friday, November 29, 2019

Happy Thanksmas!

It is done.

We have hosted, for a bit over seven hours, my mother- and father-in-law, my wife's sister and her husband, and their three children.

We have Eaten All The Thanksgiving Food.

We have had family time and interaction. It went well!

We have exchanged Christmas presents, because my wife's sister and her family will not be in town when that holiday rolls around.

...Seven hours...

My nieces and the boys have played together, and built enough memories to hold them until the next time we get everybody together.

There were mimosas. ("Wingardium Mimosa!")

...Seven hours...

They'll be leaving fairly early in the morning. (Well, not my mother-in-law and father-in-law, who live nearby.) So we're basically done with the Thanksmas visit.

The whole thing went great, but today was seven hours of company and I am exhausted. I am not built to play host for anywhere near that long. (Beautiful Wife is in the bathtub, and both boys have now retreated to their rooms.)

So the lovely holiday story I'd planned to write for you will either get written later, or not at all. Maybe I'll write it and save it for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!