Friday, March 29, 2019

DnD Is Good For That

"Oh by the way Daddy," said my twelve-year-old son from the back seat of the car, "I mentioned the DnD game you're going to run for us to one of my friends, and she really wants to play."

I boggled at that for the space of a heartbeat, but it didn't have to be a family-only game and honestly we could use a couple more players anyway. Plus, I was pretty sure I knew which friend this was already. So, "Sure," I said. "Did you happen to get contact information?"

Firstborn nodded. "It turns out," he told me, "that I got a girl's phone number without even asking."

I nodded back. "DnD is good for that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!