Friday, November 3, 2017

Accursed Clock Resets

Daylight Savings Time begins this weekend, so if you're living in one of those areas afflicted by this hellish curse then you'll need to set your clocks back on Saturday night. As I understand it, those who set their clocks back will become part of the shambling hordes, roaming the streets in search of their lost sleep and/or coffee, while those who fail to set their clocks back will join the ranks of the panicked, fleeing civilians.

I'm not sure which is worse.

(I'm sure there are also preppers out there who have been adjusting their sleep schedules incrementally for the last week; if you are one of those people then please be aware that however much I may like you personally, I also cordially despise you.)

Good luck, everyone.

May the gods have mercy on our souls.

6 comments:

  1. Erm, wait. Aren't the shambling hordes in search of lost sleep a springtime phenomenon? The fall is when they find it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it? After this week, it wouldn't surprise me at all if I have that backwards. I mean, not even a little bit. (Other people might be surprised, since they're used to me being right all the time, but... no, sorry, can't even type that with a straight face.)

      Delete
    2. And, dear ye gods, I cannot tell you how completely welcome an extra hour of sleep would be...

      Delete
  2. I always wanted to be the prepper type, but it's gotten away from me again! Indiana used to not participate in this abomination until about 10 years ago. How I miss the before time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!