Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reflections on other things that happened this week

I am so not ready to go to work. Unfortunately, after the trip to Montana, I don't dare call in sick. So I'm... trying to get myself together enough to get ready. And since I can't seem to focus on anything else...

Last Thursday I called Billy, and told him to be careful because we might have trouble with the snake cult. He already knew. Mbata had told him. Nobody had bothered to tell me about it, which was a little disturbing. Either the Elders expected me to figure it out for myself, or they were afraid I'd tip off the snake cult. Or else there's something else going on that I really don't understand. That's always a possibility.

In other news... Claire adopted a cat. Yes, despite the problems and expenses that it's going to give us with the apartment complex. It was basically a fit of whimsy: she decided that we needed one, so she went out and got one. By the time I knew about it, she'd already named him Hector. It's a good thing I love her, because that... well, it wasn't so much irritating as startling, but I hope she's not planning to make habit of this sort of thing.

Hector... well, he's a mid-sized cat with a tuxedo pattern, and he thinks I'm the devil. Claire, he practically worships. He's always nuzzling up to her, probably because she got him out of the shelter. Me... well, around me he acts like a jealous boyfriend who thinks I'm putting the moves on Claire. He hisses, or at least scowls, when I come into the apartment. If we're sitting together on the couch, he tries to sneak up behind me. I don't know what he plans to do... yet... but I don't like it.

I have a feeling we'll be talking more about that cat, but right now... well, I have to get into the shower now, if I want to be at work on time.

Stupid job. Stupid cat. Stupid fighting with the stupid snake cult. Stupid dream...

Reflections of a Deranged Cultist is a work of fiction. No cats were sacrificed in the making of the post. Not even if they really, really deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!