Friday, January 8, 2010

Found this e-mail in my SPAM filter:

Hello Dear,
How are you today? I hope that everything is ok with you as it is my great pleasure to contact you in having communication with you starting from today; please I wish you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happens in future.

I will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easy communication so that we can know each other, I will give you my pictures and details about me upon hearing from you. Waiting for your response as I wish you all the best.

Yours new friend,
Miss Bianca Dakira.


I have absolutely no idea what to make of this. Is it an unusual lead-in to a Nigerian Scam? An attempt to lure me to some sort of website (which would, at best, want me to pay money for something or other; or, more likely, do its best to infect my system with trojans, worms, and other viruses)? Someone so lonely that she's resorted to spamming people in a desperate effort to achieve human contact?

It's obviously not a native English speaker, and the goal (at this stage) is clearly to get me (or, well, anyone - it was sent out to "undisclosed recipients") to respond by e-mail.

I'm almost curious enough to reply.

Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!