Saturday, March 10, 2012

Welcome to the First World

Beautiful Wife: "Bicycling... in the rain... with a backpack. Maybe he's preparing for a trip to Ireland."

Me: "They do that in Ireland?"

Beautiful Wife: "I saw that a lot in Ireland."

Me: "Sounds Damp."

Beautiful Wife: "Probably is."

Me: "Still, might not be too bad. I'd want a heated bicycle seat, though."

Beautiful Wife: "I think they make those."

Me: "..."

Me: "First World Countries: where we can make a luxury out of anything, no matter how stupid."

3 comments:

  1. If you haven't visited Japan, I highly recommend it for First World interest's sake alone. Heated toilet seats are a revelation in and of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't. My brother has - he's been to China, too, not that I'm the least bit jealous - but I haven't. I did manage to join a Medieval History trip back in college, and visited a decent bit of Europe that way. That wasn't the best long-term decision, since I was majoring in Spanish at the time, but it certainly was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I was just going to say. I miss having a toasty toilet-bidet that would play the radio or make waterfall and birdsong noise to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!