Monday, March 5, 2012

Episcopalian Humor

I remembered this yesterday, but I forgot to post it. You know how I keep saying that I grew up in a fairly laid-back, Grace-oriented version of Christianity? Well, this is part of what I'm talking about when I say that. You see, when I was growing up, one of the priests had a sign on his office door. It said:

Priests do more than lay people.

I was just old enough to get the joke. (For anyone out there who's still scratching their heads and trying to figure it out... it helps if you have your mind in the gutter.)

4 comments:

  1. I got it, but I had to get my mind UP into the gutter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* I hope my fiance's Episcopalian church has that sort-of humor.

    I was raised [half] Roman Catholic - the priests at my old church were always stuffy and strict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suppose my mind was in the gutter because I got it right away. That's funny. No way no how would you have seen that on the preacher's office door in the church I grew up in.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!