Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Challenge: Advice

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews. I have not been following along as reliably this year as I did in previous years, but I'm still participating! Mostly.)

Prompt: Funniest advice I've received

"Okay. Go downhill, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.” It's a (slightly misquoted) line from the movie Better Off Dead, and Beautiful Wife and I use it as a shorthand for when one of us is vacillating about whether or not to attempt something, and the other one thinks we should go for it. 

Because sometimes you just need to throw yourself down the Instant Death ski slope with only one ski on and win that race.

5 comments:

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!