Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Less Flu, Less Wife

Okay, so: Firstborn is feeling amazingly better and has now been fever-free for a full day, so he's back at school and I'm back at work. Beautiful Wife, meanwhile, is out of town for a conference and is probably sick already. (She was having that thing yesterday where she was just randomly cold, regardless of the fact that the room was at a perfectly decent temperature.) We loaded her carry-on with meds, so hopefully she can get through the week with a minimum of misery.

Meanwhile, I will be dropping the boys off at school, and their grandparents will be picking them up afterwards. This requires us to get out of the house a bit earlier than they're used to -- at least, it does if I'm going to make it to work on time -- which means it's fairly vital to keep the boys moving. To this end, I have instituted a new rule: the television gets turned off 5-10 minutes before we need to get out the door. This has resulted in much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but the simple fact of the matter is that if Secondborn is watching the TV in the morning, he essentially isn't doing anything else, like getting dressed or eating his breakfast.

So now all I have to do is catch up on everything that I missed while I was out yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!