Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back... sort of...

I got run over by some sort of bug during the weekend. I'd love to know what it was, but it was basically just "a bug" which hit me with "flu-like symptoms." You know: exhaustion, all-over achiness, queasiness, and the general sense of having been run over by a mid-sized truck. Fortunately, it wasn't any more serious than that; and fortunately, I have a job where I can afford to take some time off.

So I did. After dropping Firstborn off at school yesterday morning - Operation Lone Wolf is still on track, and this makes the third consecutive day that he has left the car and gone into the school all by himself - I went back home, had breakfast, read for a bit...

...and then keeled over and slept for another five hours. This, after going to bed at about 10:30 Sunday night. Nice, pleasant dream about a summer vacation at a coastal resort went slightly off the rails when half the teenagers at the resort declared war on the other half, and tried to lock them up. By the time my wife came home and woke me up, I was in the middle of a gang battle and fighting with a pair of screwdrivers. The whole thing would have been going a lot better if one of the gangs hadn't managed to install cyborg conversions while they were locking the other gang up.

So, yeah, apparently I needed the sleep.

Anyway, I took it easy for the rest of the day and now I'm more or less back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!