Thursday, April 21, 2022

Some progress

So I've been working and reworking the opening couple of scenes of the new writing project, which means I'm not moving as fast as I'd like but also that I'm pretty happy with what I've got down before I move on to each new section. I'm also avoiding writing anything detailed about the story itself here, since that seemed to become more of a distraction or avoidance than a help with the last project. 

Eh, we'll see. 

Meanwhile, I'm more or less recovered from camping trip, and Firstborn has tried out his first Judo class and seems to have enjoyed it. I also got to watch a vampire movie that I'd very nearly forgotten entirely, and... yeah. On the whole, a pretty good day. 

Work is still being work, but that's what work does. And working in IT is always weird; with all the projects I'm trying to work on, I wound up spending much of yesterday on the phone with a credit card vendor trying to sort out why so many of our transactions weren't being processed. It looks there actually is a solution in the works, which means I can focus on other things while I'm waiting for that to get finished up. 

But in the meantime... writing.

Hm. Okay, I'm not going to talk about the project itself, but I might put up my playlist for it a song at a time. Let's see how much of it I can find online...

Song #1: Metallica, The Unforgiven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!