Monday, April 27, 2015

Because I'm a parent...

Because I'm a parent...

...My backpack, in addition to my own things, now contains a pencil, a stick, and three shiny rocks.

...My head has been subjected to a game of Whack-A-Mole involving an enthusiastic eight-year-old with a Nerf zombie-slaying hammer and me sticking my head up out of the top of my t-shirt.

...I am not allowed to remove the giant pile of blankets in the bedroom doorway. It's either a mountain where a Jedi battle is taking place, "a bed", or both.

...I am now single-handedly responsible for the ongoing financial health of the Eggo Waffle company.

...I must immediately drop whatever I am doing if the five-year-old needs help with Lego Star Wars.

...50% of all parental dinner selections are automatically and completely wrong.

...I know far, far more about gaming videos on YouTube than I ever imagined possible.

2 comments:

  1. I am now single-handedly responsible for the ongoing financial health of the Eggo Waffle company.

    A few months after I stopped drinking Parmalat chocolate milk boxes, Parmalat declared bankruptcy. Now, I'm not saying the two events were related, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember back when there used to be video rental stores? Yeah, right there with you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!