Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Challenge: New Things

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: New things I've tried recently

It's a little depressing to admit it, but I'm honestly coming up kind of blank on this one. 

About a year or so back I took Firstborn canoeing in a friend's inflatable kayak. I haven't done any sort of canoeing in decades, but that's still not exactly new. Likewise, in recent years I've gotten back into camping, and Dungeons & Dragons, and sewing patches on my progressively-more-awesome jacket, but none of that is really new

In fact, looking at what might be my Bucket List if I really thought about it that way[1], I find that there are an awful lot of things that I'd like to get back to doing, but not a whole lot of new things that I'd like to do. 

I'm, um, I'm feeling like kind of a boring person now.

[1] But I don't think of it that way, because I'm immortal. At least until proven otherwise.

8 comments:

  1. I felt like a boring people while writing my answer to this prompt, too. You are not alone there. :)

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. *a boring person.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had not had my trip to Utah in November, I would have been blank as well. It saved me! lol... you can read about it here: https://jhthomas.blogspot.com/2023/01/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, not boring! My new boundaries sort of worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you get back into previous hobbies, sometimes you learn a lot of new things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So who says you have to do completely new things to avoid being boring? We grow in spirals. We spiral back around to familiar things and do them in new ways. The most popular "new thing" mentioned in this link-up was reading a new book...obviously bloggers have read books before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you sound boring at all. You sound comfortable. And it's wonderful to get back into hobbies that you once enjoyed, so you can enjoy them again. You're making new memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I struggled to come up with anything this week myself, but you don't sound boring at all.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!