Monday, January 25, 2021

Unexpected Story

 So I woke up Sunday morning out of a perfectly ridiculous dream that went back and forth between a sort of modern-world road trip and this very Seventies high-fantasy/science fiction blend of a story. (Think John Carpenter or Gor or other things along those lines.) I was deeply disappointed to realize that I couldn't just go back and re-read that story or re-watch the move the version of it. 

So in the hour or so between a family crisis and prepping for the DnD game for Firstborn and his friends, I sat down and outlined as much of it as I remembered, and then wrote the first page to really anchor the setting in my head. (I'd have gone longer, but I ran out of time.) 

I have no idea whether this represents a new project that I'm now also working on, or whether I've managed to capture enough of it that I can set it aside and get back to my theoretically-current project, but it's been a long time since the Muse snuck up and smacked me on the back of the head with a rubber fish like that. I think I actually miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!