Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween

This year - maybe the last two years, if I'm being honest - has/have just worn me out. Usually I'm pretty excited about Hallowe'en. I post music, talk about costumes, write little scare stories...
This year, I'm just not feeling it. It's not that I don't like the holiday, it's just that I don't have any emotional energy left to spend on it.

...And I guess that's not entirely true. I mean, my desktop background and my lock-screen image are both suitably spooky, and I've set out little toy monsters on the top of my desk. Back at the beginning of October, I took a giant tube of tiny little monsters and arranged them all over the office to puzzle and delight passers-by and fellow employees. And we have costumes for the boys, and I bought candy to hand out. So it's not like I haven't done anything to prepare. It's just...

I dunno. I'm tired, I'm still feeling kind of sick, my energy is very off-and-on, and everything I try to do (including work) seems to take twice as long as it should, run afoul of odd delays, or both. And the part where Hallowe'en falls on a Tuesday this year is just... ugh.

Nevertheless, for tonight I'll dig out a Batman costume, put on something spooky, and stand in the doorway and hand out candy. And the boys will go out with their mother and trick or treat, and it'll probably all be fun. I just wish I was more excited about it, y'know?

2 comments:

  1. I'll be at work :( My oldest daughter and her boyfriend are taking the others out.

    I hope the night doesn't turn out to be a total bummer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think it'll be fun, I'm just... not entirely well, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!