I'm just going to pretend that I'm famous enough to be interviewed...
1. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER SOMEONE?
Sort of. There's a longish history on my father's side involving the patterns of the first names. However, my dad was not the oldest, so my brother and don't quite fit the pattern, and my kids don't fit the pattern at all.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
No idea, but probably pretty recently and probably over some YouTube video that someone was passing around. Definitely when we buried my mom a few weeks ago.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I learned to type in self-defense.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE ANY KIDS?
Two boys. I might have written about them before.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Of course. It'd be like the bit in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World where the title character finally meets Nega-Scott.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, as well as a small but very tasteful collection of other people's.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Yes, and while being a parent has made me more cautious, that would not be the craziest thing that I've done.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
...Crunch Berries? I don't know if I could still eat that. It's been years.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU'RE STRONG?
Physically? Yes. Not like I was in my youth, but yes. Mentally/emotionally? Eh. Nobody's unbreakable, but I get by.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Usually the coffee-ish flavors. Again, it's been a while.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
The way they move, sometimes. Other times, it's the usual superficialities: clothing, build, coloration...
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?
I don't always realize when it's time to stop being nice/reasonable, and I frequently don't know when to shut up.
17. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?
Why, hello there Everyone On The Internet! As it happens, I'm not currently wearing pants or shoes. This would be a lot more embarrassing if I didn't suspect that an awful lot of you were doing the same.
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Collide: Wings of Steel.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
21. FAVORITE SMELL?
The air after a rainstorm.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
23. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
I don't generally watch sports. Gymnastics, when it's on.
24. REAL HAIR COLOR?
Brown fading to gray, with some lovely silver highlights. It used to be a very dark brown, but no longer. I blame the boys for this.
25. Eye color?
26. Do you wear contacts?
27. FAVORITE FOOD?
I have a particular bowl that I make at Genghis Grill (if you don't know it, it's a sort of build-your-own stir fry place) that's both tasty and very hot. Adding the Asian Chili Death Sauce means that it isn't just a meal; it's also the best over-the-counter decongestant that I've ever found.
28. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Scary movie, but it can have a happy ending if it fits the plot.
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Jurassic World; the boys requested it.
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
31. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter. My allergies behave themselves during the winter.
32. HUGS or KISSES?
33. FAVORITE DESSERT?
I'm not a big dessert person. Tiramisu, maybe?
34. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?
I recently decided that I needed to re-read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books. This may have been... over-ambitious. I'm currently about halfway through The Great Hunt, which is book two -- out of, I dunno, thiry-seven or something.
35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
The mouse. (Kidding. I don't actually have a mouse pad.)
36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST ON T.V.?
...No idea. I don't actually watch TV, at least not in any sense that most people would use the phrase. The last TV show I watched was the Robot story arc from the classic Dr. Who (Fourth Doctor / Tom Baker) series.
37. FAVORITE SOUND?
My kids, snoring.
38. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Not really, no.
39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE TRAVELED?
The Blue Mountains outside Sydney, Australia. It was awesome.
40. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Lurking? Skulking? Looking suspicious when I'm not actually doing anything? I'd list writing and climbing, but if we're being honest I'm kind of out of practice on both of them. Oh, wait! I actually do have a special talent. I work in IT, and my special talent is explaining computer stuff to non-technical people in ways that make sense to them. It's like a mutant power, but much less exciting!