Friday, March 11, 2016

Superhero Powers

Secondborn has been playing a lot of Lego Marvel Super Heroes this week, because it's his Spring Break and that's what is nearest and dearest to his heart just now. As a result, I've been watching a lot of Lego Marvel Superheroes. I have to say, it's a great video game. It has about a bajillion characters, and you can even customize your own using elements of existing heroes. Plus, the storyline is entertaining, and the scenes and dialogue are... cute, and frequently hilarious as well. (Tony Stark to Wolverine: "Shouldn't you be off in Canada trying to uncover your past or something?")

As a result, I've been thinking a lot about superpowers. (More than I usually do, I mean.) And I've decided that out of everything in the game, the one thing I'm really, really jealous of is that these heroes have the ability to run around New York for an hour or two and just sort of acquire two or three hundred thousand dollars. (Or gold disks. Whatever.) Ye gods, I wish I could do that.

How the mighty have fallen, you know? I used to want Vast Supernatural Powers of my own. Now... now I just want to be able to pay the bills. (Edited to add: Apparently Geds has been thinking along similar lines over at Accidental Historian. He posted This American Dream I am Disbelieving this morning, and it's well worth reading.)

Although... having powers would still be pretty cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!