Thursday, October 10, 2013

Flu Shots

We got flu shots for the whole family back on Tuesday. Getting a flu shot inevitably makes me spend the next two or three days feeling as if I've actually gotten the flu - though, admittedly, a very mild and temporary case. I'm not entirely sure how that's possible, since the stuff in the shot is supposed to be denatured, but it happens just about every single time. I suppose it could be psychosomatic, but I don't think so: this year in particular, I keep forgetting that I just got a flu shot, and then wondering why I feel so yucky. Alternatively, I suppose I could just happen to come down with something right after I get a flu shot, but again: it happens essentially every time, and that seems to be stretching the fabric of probability more than a little bit.

This year, we also learned that if you're a three-year-old boy, having a needle stuck in your arm isn't a big deal at all. By contrast, not being allowed to play with the trucks in Daddy's office until after you get your shot? That's cause for a full-scale emotional meltdown. Seriously, we got done with Secondborn's shot, he checked his arm to make sure they'd put the band-aid on, and then he turned to me and asked, "Twucks now, Daddy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!