Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Slow Week

Michael Mock peeked slowly around the dark corner. It was barely morning, and he was barely moving. He could hear a faint, wheezing hiss, but he wasn't sure where it was coming from. Was there something in the room ahead? He shuffled forward.

In the darkness beyond the doorway, he saw it: the basilisk, a horrible creature whose breath could split rocks. He froze, turned to stone by its dreadful gaze...

Then he yawned and flipped the switch. Light flooded the bathroom, and the monster resolved into his reflection in the mirror... which lessened the horror, but didn't end it completely. He'd need a toothbrush for that. Ye gods, he hated early mornings...

Sorry, folks. It's going to be a slow week around here. I'm trying to catch up on my sleep, and if that ever works (with boys? Ha!) then I need to catch up on a huge amount of housework before I can turn much of my attention back to writing. So the blog is going to be pretty low-key this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!