Saturday, September 1, 2012

Disastrous Follow-up

So, as we're leaving the Emergency Room and driving home after last night's adventure, I look over my shoulder and ask, "Firstborn, do you have any questions about tonight?"

Firstborn says, "Yeah. Well, it's actually more of a Secondborn sort of question." He turns to his brother. "Secondborn, when it was time to go to bed, why didn't you just put your head on the pillow?"

* * *
Meanwhile, today I took the boys out for a couple of hours to run errands. Secondborn is, as predicted, sporting a visible black eye along with the line of stitches underneath it.

I spent the whole time wondering just how many people thought I was abusing my kids.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear -- anyone who's had active children isn't thinking that!

    And I hear you on happily ever afters :) I'm going to go scoop cat boxes again, because in my blissful happily-ever-after there is still the horrid stench of cat production, and my beloved husband who is very nearly perfect in every way flat-out will not scoop the cats unless I'm deathly ill.

    I love Firstborn's question. Sounds like our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my son an "I do all my own stunts" T-shirt after a similar incident (no stitches, though) occurred two days before we were going on a cross-country car trip. We got lots of laughs from strangers, and no accusing remarks.

    cjmr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lеarn sеverаl gοod stuff here.
    Certainly value bοokmаrκing fоr revisiting.

    I surprіse hoω a lot attеmpt you place
    to make this type of magnificent informative ωeb site.


    mу blog :: how to lose body fat
    Also see my page: thecapsiplexshop.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!