Friday, May 13, 2011

Reflections on Unexpected Absences

I just realized that I haven't updated anything here in... what? A month? Longer? So if anybody cares, I'm sorry. Mea Culpa. The fault is entirely mine, and other thoughts like that.

I could say that I've been a little distracted, and that would be true... but I was distracted because we were having fun. (Well, mostly.)

I could point out that since we've been on the run, I haven't had much to add on the, um, usual sorts of things I talk about here. That's true, too, but for all I know some of you actually want to know what Manokwari is like this time of year. And while it's a lot easier to break into this blog from my own computer, I can do it from elsewhere; it's not like I couldn't have left a note or something.

So I'll skip the excuses and move straight to current events. Claire and I are still alive. We're back in our apartment. We haven't patched everything up, but our situation has settled down enough to let us come back. I even have access to the archives again, which seems to be a show of good faith from the Elders. Or maybe it's a test; maybe they just want to see what I'll do with that access. Probably both, now that I think about it.

I haven't been in touch with work (neither has Claire) but I think it's safe to assume that we're both very, very fired. We haven't been in touch with any of our friends yet, either, but we'll probably do that in the next couple of days. There are several other things I'd like to talk about here, but after a month's absence the apartment is a wreck... and I really need to go help Claire with the cleanup. So... soon. I'll fill you in on the rest of it soon.

Reflections of a Deranged Cultist is a work of fiction. No dark gods were worshipped in the writing of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!