Tuesday, November 7, 2023

After A Week Off

I took all of last week and this Monday off, and I'm here to tell you that I am not ready to be back at work this morning. It feels like... I don't know, it feels like I was just finally getting relaxed, and now I'm going to have to sort through the previous week's worth of email and get back to work on some projects that were already behind. 

I did get a little writing done, though not as much as I would have liked. More importantly, I got to go camping this past weekend, and -- while this trip didn't work out quite the way we hoped -- camping is always good. But it's also true that some of my being tired and unenthusiastic may be down to me recovering from a bit of sunburn. I should have brought a hat. So hopefully the ennui is temporary, and I can get back into the swing of things fairly gracefully. 

...Though I suppose I'm also about to find out whether we're still in our Very Temporary Offices, or whether I need to move all my stuff over to the new Somewhat More Permanent But Still Temporary location. Hmph. 

I don't know. It was nice to be off work for a bit, but whenever I hit this point of having to come back in I always wonder if it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!