Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Dark Army: Luthien Thwarted

“WHERE’D THEY GO!?!?”

“Luthien,” Almonda said, “slow down, what are you talking about?”

“They were there in the pool, looking at the dead body of that bitch’s brother, but now they’re gone. They’re nowhere!”

“What do you mean, Luthien? They can’t be nowhere. They’re still in the tower. And you assured me they had no magic!”

“I don’t know, I was watching all of them. That damned wanna-be king got pummeled by our golem into a pathetic puddle and I was sure they were done for, but somehow the bitch Dwint’lithar slew the thing. Somehow her magic dagger is still working. Then they opened my present, and next thing I know, they’re gone!” Luthien was frantic, casting every divination spell he knew into the obsidian pool.

Almonda gave him a hard stare, “What… present, Luthien?”

“I… the bitch’s brother, Behemoth gave him to me. It’s just a husk, they can’t bring him back or anything…”

“Gods, Luthien,” Almonda shook her head, “I knew you were a sick fuck, but…”

“Look, these bastards have been thwarting my plans for years, they deserve everything that comes to them!”

“So you decided to taunt them with the girl’s dead brother? Quit being an idiot, Luthien, and just end them. You have magic, and they don’t. Be a man, go down there, and fucking END THEM!”

“I can’t,” Luthien squealed, “they’re gone! I don’t know where they are! Oh shit, oh shit, we’re screwed! Game over, man! Game over!”

“Luthien!” Almonda exerted a force of will through the link in the magical, obsidian pool, “Get yourself together. They still don’t have magic. Wherever they are, they’re weak. Get your forces together, and be ready. When they face us, they will fall. Have faith in our dark mistress.”

“Okay, okay…” Luthien nodded his head, “Yes, okay. Get it together… They can’t teleport, so they still have to go through the library… the Angel of Decay will end them. No way they make it to your floor, and if they do…”

“I’ll be ready,” Almonda finished definitively.

“Right,” Luthien replied, with more conviction than he felt. She faded away in the pool, presumably to make her own preparations. Kas Luthien tried his best to remain calm but he just couldn’t contain it. He screamed and smashed the pile of platinum pieces, scattering them all over the room. A few flies buzzed out of the disturbed pile of coins.

“Fuck you, Malafar! You hear me!? Fuck you!”

The flies faded from view, as flies are wont to do. He had no idea where they were, or what they saw…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!