Friday, December 28, 2018

Missed Connections: Just a Little Thing

You were the cool older boy, already in middle school and very much doing your own thing. I came in with your cousins, but of course you didn't want anything to do with me. You didn't seem to see me at all, in fact. I don't really blame you. I know I'm not the easiest to have around. But I don't think I can live without you.

Your cousins are on antibiotics now. My time is limited. So come back, please. Make contact. Let me nest in your throat and lungs and sinuses, creep into your guts and spread through your bloodstream. I know it won't be comfortable for you, but it's the only way I can keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!