Monday, January 29, 2018

Yeah, so...

I don't seem to be writing much for the blog right now.

That's partially because I have plenty of other things on my mind. But it's also, and more importantly, because I'm actually making some progress on a writing project. And that takes time and attention, which means less time and attention to devote to my presence here. (Also: Twitter. But really mainly writing.)

There's probably a better (and better-organized) way to do this, but right now this is what I have and this is what I'm doing. So I'm pretty sure that posting on the Blog o' Doom here is going to be a lot more erratic, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

On a vaguely related topic: being over-committed sucks. Don't do it. Get the sleep you need.

Yes, I'm absolutely terrible at taking my own advice.

3 comments:

  1. Over-commitment is exhausting.

    I hope your schedule clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm just bad at balancing tasks. I do better when I can focus on thing, wear myself out working on it, take a bit of time to recover, and then either go back to it or start on something else.

      This is, of course, completely incompatible with being a parent.

      Also: thank you. Your comments are always kind and sympathetic, and I fear you've no idea how much I appreciate that.

      Delete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!