Tuesday, January 30, 2018

...Annnnnd I'm sick again

I'm kind of amazed that it's taken this long, honestly.

Hello mucus, my old friend
You've come to leak from me again
Because a sickness softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of sickness

In restless dreams I lay alone
On the couch within my home
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I cannot go intp the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by
The flash of a flashing light
That split the night
And touched the sound of sickness

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People coughing without speaking
People blowing noses glistening
People writing pleas that sore throats never share
No one, nowhere
Disturb the sound of sickness



At least the boys don't seem to have it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!