Thursday, September 22, 2016

Conference Recap, Day 5

This series of posts began with the discovery that one of my son's toys had hitched a ride in my pocket to last week's conference. The chronicle of his adventures begins here, if you want to go back and catch up.

It seemed like it was going to be an uneventful morning, until...


September 15 at 10:23am:
So, he slipped away from the conference to explore the castle...
September 15 at 10:42am:
Honestly, he's incorrigible. That's him on top of the castle wall.
September 15 at 10:57am
Annnnd now he say he needs a solid, full meal if he's going to "take the next step". Should I be worried? I think I should be worried.
September 15 at 11:26am:
Apparently he needed a big lunch so he could head off to explore the wilderness beyond the castle. I guess I'm taking my own notes for the next session. ::sigh:: Interns these days...
September 15 at 3:47pm:
Well, at least now I know where he went...
September 15 at 3:48pm:
Apparently it was part of a plan.
Right, so: the message says, "After hours of tireless exploration, I have made my way to the mysterious headwaters of the sacred river. Legend says that there is an ancient city of pure gold here, but legend is clearly lying. No city, no gold. Still, maybe the discovery will make me famous and I can get speaking engagements or something."
September 15 at 10:13pm:
Passed out in front of the toilet. I mean, okay, it's the last night of the conference, but I *knew* it was a mistake to turn him loose on an open bar. We have to get on the plane in the morning!
So that was the end of Thursday, and also the end of the conference. There was nothing left but the trip home. Surely that would be uneventful... right?

1 comment:

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!