Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ask the Hive Mind: Haunted Box of Switches

Okay, so... Barry Andrews (of Shriekback and various other projects) put out an album called Haunted Box of Switches.

It was released in the U.K., and this was back in 2003, which probably explains why the American version of Amazon doesn't seem to know it ever existed. Neither does iTunes. This is a source of considerable frustration to me, since I'd like to get a copy of it.

So, since the standard consumer channels have failed me, I turn to the Internet. Does anybody out there have a copy of this album, or know somebody who does? I'm okay with picking it up secondhand, though obviously I'd prefer to purchase it in some way that actually benefits the artist.

And while I'm at it, why the hell isn't Haunted Box of Switches more available? How the [Expletive Deleted] does an album like this appear and disappear before I even manage to discover its existence?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know this already, but if not: it's on iTunes now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not -- so thank you very, VERY much. Downloading it now.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!