- God does not need an army.
- God does not need you to stand up for him.
- God does not need you to defend His reputation.
- God can speak for Himself - He does not need you to tell me what He thinks.
- God does not need women; or men, for that matter.
- God does not need you to kill for Him. He's quite capable of smiting anyone He takes issue with - any time He wants.
- God does not need money.
* In the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic traditions, at least... though I still think that the entire metaphysical structure underlying the Bible makes a lot more sense if you assume that God isn't actually omnipotent. I mean, why was he wandering around in the garden calling after Adam & Eve, otherwise?