Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Challenge: Non-Fiction

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews. I have not been following along as reliably this year as I did in previous years, but I'm still participating! Sort of.)

Prompt: Non-fiction books I've read lately

Confession time: unless you count online operating references, I haven't been reading any non-fiction books lately. So, instead, I'm going to mention a couple that were recommended to me: 

What about you? What non-fiction have you been reading?

9 comments:

  1. All of those sound interesting! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came highly recommended and they look incredible, I just need to find the time and energy...

      Delete
  2. Prairie Fires was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. I'm hoping I can get to it sometime soon.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but based just on the titles, I'm most interested in A Short History of Drunkenness and A Libertarian Walks Into a Bear: The Utopian Plot to Liberate an American Town (and Some Bears). The second one needed the subtitle because it made me giggle and want to find out more! I love non-fiction, but lately I've mostly been reading memoirs. I just started Elliott Page's autobiography (phew, not light reading, but super powerful) and Sandi Toksvig's memoir, Between the Stops. Both have lots of food for thought and range beyond specifically personal experiences.
    Here's hoping you get a chance to pick up some of these soon! Interested to know if those two live up to their titles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Prairie Fires on hold at the library right now. Growing up, the Little House books were my absolute favorites. Hope you can get around to some of them soon.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, fun. I'm told it's a fascinating look at the actual history.

      Delete
  5. Ooohhh, I want "Prairie Fires"! Though that choice of name sounds ominous. I hope it's not another feeble bash at the family and the books.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!