Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Challenge: Average Eats

(This post is part of the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. You can find links to other writers' answers over at Long and Short Reviews.)

Prompt: What I eat in the average day

Huh. That's... huh. That's an interesting question. Okay, let's take a look: 

Breakfast: Generally something with a bit of egg and cheese, possibly bacon and sausage. Frequently, this is a frozen breakfast product prepared in the microwave, but I do sometimes cook things up as well. I also sometimes skip breakfast entirely; it really depends on how the morning is going.

Lunch: I'm working from home a lot, so frequently we're looking at leftovers or frozen lunches. Otherwise, probably fast food... but if I'm actually in the office, I'm more likely to go out and get a decent meal: sushi, Mongolian beef, bulgogi, pho, fajitas... things like that.

Dinner: This one is probably the most variable, and the most dependent on how the week is going. Sometimes we cook; sometimes we have leftovers; sometimes we order pizza. (You can tell we don't have a lot of spoons left when it's pizza. Not that I mind pizza, it's just something I try to hold in reserve for when none of us have the energy to prepare anything.)

Snacks: I'm really, really, really trying not snack, or at least not to snack much. Sugar-free gum helps; so does a big mug of tea, or a bit of orange mixed into a glass of water. Unfortunately, I'm kind of a sucker for those little candy hearts that show up before Valentine's Day, so the last week or so has been... um... a tiny bit of an indulgence. 

How about you?

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, it’s a very good idea to save pizza for low spoons days.

    I’m a sucker for those little candy hearts, too. I haven’t seen them in my area yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "conversation hearts" too...have been known just to read and not eat them, but usually eat at least some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of the conversation hearts. Send me more the chocolate hearts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love those lil heart candies! We have a dishwasher, and we still run outta spoons! That is definitely a pizza night! Your work lunches sound fabulous too! When I worked outside my home, I always had great work lunches at this fancy Mexican restaurant near the office. I miss that place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems you're trying to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pizza myself, but then I have a lot of low spoon days :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!