Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Meet CrotchStomper McSnuggles

For the last two years, I've been taking part in the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge over at Long and Short Reviews. (The first link will take you to the list of topics; the second one goes to the homepage, where you can find a post with everyone's responses each week. Feel free to join in!)

This week's prompt is "meet my pets". So I'd like to introduce you all to CrotchStomper McSnuggles.

 


Before anyone asks... no, that's not his official name. And nobody calls him that except me. Nevertheless, I maintain that this is his real, actual, True Name. Because CrotchStomper McSnuggles is a profoundly snuggly dog. He will join you on the couch; he will join you on a chair; he will bound, and lean, and be very excited that you've finally come home. 

Also, he thinks he's a lap dog. 

That would be about eighty pounds of lap dog, with very bony legs, and also claws that he occasionally forgets about. If you sit down, he will try to climb into your lap. And he will absolutely stomp on your crotch. He has a positive talent for it; he once managed to stomp on mine while I was standing up. (He was feeling excited and boundy, and he straightened up and basically just punched me with a foreleg.) 

So, yes: CrotchStomper McSnuggles. 

For all that, he is a very good boy. 



11 comments:

  1. My in-laws have a black lab named Deke who also thinks he's a lap dog. But despite the crotch stomping, he looks like a good boy. :)

    My kitties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is actually a very good boy, even with the occasional bout of bacon-stealing. Many snorgs, much doggo.

      Delete
  2. He's adorable! All the big boys think they're lap dogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a lovely guy! He looks like one of those dogs who just want to share love with their humans. I am curious though - what IS his official name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His former owner named him Duke, and we've kept that. Well, I mean, the rest of the family has kept that.

      Delete
  4. Coming home from work and finding McSnuggles super-happy at the door sounds like a wonderful thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh yes. We've had a couple of those. They don't realize their own angle of the dangle or strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charmer. He sounds like a great dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dog is gorgeous. My cat Spot is also one for stamping instead of simply sitting down.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!