Monday, June 22, 2020

Looks Like Someone's Got A Case Of The Mondays

So, last week was rough -- not for any particular problem or event, but just because I was feeling run-down and unfocused and sort of barely making it. So, I spent the weekend recuperating (and finally looked at a couple of work-related things that I needed to finish and/or test off-hours) and really didn't accomplish much. In particular, I really didn't accomplish any sort of writing at all. My big achievement for the weekend (aside from finally finding the will to look at the work-thing) was to run a couple of loads of laundry and dishes, and get the sink emptied.

The sink refilled itself with dirty pots and pans on Sunday night, which I'm sure is a metaphor for something horrible.

Still, I am feeling a bit better and from the look of things I wasn't the only one who wasn't up for much last week. (That's somewhat reassuring.) And I have a couple of follow-up things to do to on the work-stuff that had to be done after hours which I can actually do this morning.

Also, my hair is copper-colored.

Apparently, Revlon hair dye behaves very differently from the Splat stuff I tried earlier; the Splat soaked most strongly into my silver and gray hairs, leaving the still-dark hairs still dark. The Revlon, on the other hand, took over everything and rendered it a fairly uniform shade of auburn. I am not complaining about this, to be clear; in fact, I took the opportunity to shave and then went down to HR and try to apply for a job as my own cousin.

Onwards and upwards, my friends. Nothing but good times ahead.

Bare Infinity:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!