Thursday, April 14, 2011

Friendly Evangelism: Follow-up from a Believer

Okay, so, I wrote the Friendly Evangelism posts in an attempt to provide a reasonable answer to the question, "How can Christians talk about their beliefs to non-believers and former believers without driving them away or giving offense?"

Today, I find that Alise Wright - who happens, among other things, to be a Christian - has hit a lot of the same points in a much more succinct format in a guest post over on Rachel Held Evans' blog. So if you're interested in this topic, pop over there and give it a read. There's also a lot of good material in the comments, with the result that Alise Wright has posted a follow-up on her own blog, pondering the question of whether deconversion (and/or faith) is a choice. (My answer? Arguably yes, but I don't think "choice" is a very good word for it.)

Have a look. It's good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words! Been reading through your posts and I feel like I need a disclaimer, "Any similarities to posts written at Mock Ramblings are purely coincidental." ;-D

    And thanks for your comments on the blog. I'm definitely enjoying the conversation. I think things like this are beneficial for us all in living peaceably with our neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! To be honest, I'm thrilled to see people having this particular conversation. Wish that happened more often, really.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments; it lets me know that people are actually reading my blog. Interesting tangents and topic drift just add flavor. Linking to your own stuff is fine, as long as it's at least loosely relevant. Be civil, and have fun!